Garden waste collection scheme
If you do not want to compost and are unable to take your garden waste to the local Community Recycling Centre (rubbish tip) you can sign up to our garden waste collection scheme. This is a kerbside collection of garden waste from £30 per year.
By signing up to the service you will receive:
- A 240 litre brown bin, delivered 4-6 weeks following sign-up to the scheme.
- 25 fortnightly collections
What do we collect?
- Grass cuttings
- Garden prunings
- Hedge trimmings
- Small twigs and other woody waste
- Dead plants and weeds
- Branches no larger than 7.5cm (3 inches) diameter
What we don't collect
- Flowerpots and seed trays
- Soil and turf
- Animal/pet bedding
- Kitchen or food waste
- Large branches (more than 7.5cm (3 inches) diameter
- Household waste or metal objects
The bin should be presented for collection from 6.30am on the day of collection.
How much do I pay?
You can join at any time during the year but subscriptions run until March 26 2016. They are not reduced if you join later than the start of the subscription year.
- 1 bin - £30
- 2 bins - £60
- 3 bins - £90
You can have as many bins as you require, each additional bin will be a further £30.
Signing up to the scheme - how do I pay?
You sign up to the scheme once you have paid for your bin. You can pay in a number of ways including:
- Garden waste pay - To pay online all you will need is your postcode and a credit or debit card.
- Automated Telephone Payment system on 03300 889584
- Telephone, speaking to our Customer Service Team on 01483 444499
Please note, there is a small surcharge for using a credit card, there is no charge for using a debit card.
We will not be sending receipts for payments or vouchers. Our systems will show if payment has been made. The delivery of your bin will be your proof of subscription. If you choose not to renew for the following year we will collect the bin from your property.
If you are joining the garden waste service for the first time, we will deliver the bins during March.
If you are increasing the number of garden waste bins your subscription is for we will deliver the bins during March.
If you choose to join the service, or increase the number of bins you have collected, after 1 March 2015 we cannot guarantee delivery of your wheeled bin before 31 March 2015. We will deliver these at the earliest opportunity.
If your bin lid is not closing this will settle down within a couple of weeks, there is no need to call for a replacement bin.
We no longer issue garden waste vouchers for garden waste wheelie bins or sacks. Our systems will show if payment has been made.
If you are reducing the number of bins you have collected or not renewing your subscription we will collect your bin back from you. We will collect these from April. To help us with this, please leave your bin outside your property.
Terms and conditions
- You should continue to use the bin that we provided during your last subscription period.
- This application is valid from 30 March 2015 and ends on 26 March 2016. A charge of £30 per bin is made for the year regardless of the time that you join the scheme.
- The bin lid must be closed for collection. Side waste will not be collected.
- The garden waste service does not make collections in the two weeks over Christmas and New Year.
- If after your year's collections, you let your subscription expire we will collect the bin back from you.
- We do not collect soil as this service is for garden waste for composting only. Putting soil in the bin is likely to put the weight over the lifting limit of 50kg. We will leave any bin that weighs over 50kg.
- A contaminated container will not be emptied. The Householder must remove the contamination and present the container for the next scheduled collection. A return will not be made where the container could not be collected due to contamination. For information about what to put in the garden waste bin, see the list at the top of the page.
- We strongly recommend that you do not compact materials in the bin as they will not tip out during the automated emptying process.
- The bin should be put out on the property boundary by 6.30am on the day of collection.
- If we miss your bin on collection day, please let us know within two working days. We are unable to return to missed collections reported after this. These can be reported online or by phone on 01483 444499.
- We strongly recommend labelling your bin with at least your property number or name.
- If you lose or damage your brown garden waste bin please contact us. We will charge you for a new one unless the damage or loss was our fault.
- The Council is unable to provide any concessionary rates for this scheme.