Issues and Options consultation
The new Local Plan Strategy and Sites will set out a vision and spatial strategy for Guildford borough up to 2031, detailing how the borough will change. The policies in the new Local Plan will guide the location and type of new housing, offices, shops, transport and leisure facilities needed to achieve that vision. This document is called the Local Plan Strategy and Sites Document and is part of the new Local Plan (formerly the Local Development Framework). Public consultation on the Draft Local Plan Strategy and Sites Document took place between 1 July to 22 September 2014.
We consulted on our Local Plan Strategy and Sites Issues and Options document from 1 October to 29 November 2013. The Issues and Options document invited comments on a series of key issues for the borough and the options that could help us address them.
As part of the consultation, we held a range of events, workshops and exhibitions, a Community Engagement Statement [10Mb] has been produced to provide a record of the consultation events and community engagement activities that took place as part of the Issues and Options consultation.
We published the comments and responses [299kb] early in 2014. We then produced the Draft Local Plan strategy and sites document - please see the Draft Local Plan strategy and sites consultation (Reg 18) section below. Consultation on this stage ran from 1 July to 22 September 2014.
You can request to be notified about all future Local Plan publications and consultations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us 01483 444471
For more information about the timescales we are working towards please see our Local Development Scheme.
We have prepared three assessments to support the preparation of the new Local Plan.
Draft Local Plan strategy and sites consultation (Reg 18)
Many people gave their views on the borough's future through our extensive 12-week Draft Local Plan consultation from 1 July 2014. Our consultation included a range of events and activities across the borough. We aimed to reach as many local people as possible - we wanted to hear from residents of all ages and backgrounds, businesses and local organisations. We received over 20,000 comments from over 7,000 individuals, organisations and stakeholders during the consultation.
Further to the initial feedback we published in October 2014, we have prepared a summary of the key themes [285kb] from all of the comments we received. This is accompanied by the publication of comments on our 'get involved' website which contains all of the responses we received, and our Statement of Community Engagement consultation report, [15Mb] and consultation appendices [46Mb] which detail the process of consultation.
You can view the Draft Local Plan below.
Draft Local Plan documents
Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites consultation (Reg 19) (2016)
Many people gave their views on the borough's future through the six-week Draft Local Plan consultation which ran from 6 June to 18 July 2016. Our consultation included three drop-in events.
See the comments we received on the consultation homepage (This link will open in a new window).
Proposed Submission Local Plan documents
If you would like to download the Guildford borough Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites and its accompanying documents, these are available below:
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Strategy and Sites [96Mb] (large file)
- Guildford borough Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites [9Mb] (includes policies and site allocations)
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix A - E [1Mb]
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix F Policies Map [7Mb]
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix G Policy and Monitoring [198kb]
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix H Maps [23Mb]
Other Proposed Submission documents:
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) 2016 [7Mb] [7Mb]
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) non-technical summary 2016 [427kb]
- Guildford LP Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) May 2016 [996kb]
- Guildford LP Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) May 2016 Appendix A [6Mb]
- Guildford LP Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) May 2016 Appendix B and C [1Mb]
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EqIA) Screening (2014) [59kb]
- Consultation Statement [2Mb]
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 4b Responses to policies 1 - 19 [2Mb]
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 4c Comments on Site Allocations & Appendices & question responses [2Mb]
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Statement of Fact [172kb]
We have produced a series of topic papers on a number of themes to help explain our policy approach. There are a large number of documents in our evidence base which have informed the preparation of the Local Plan.
Erratum for Proposed Submission Local Plan (2016)
If you notice any factual or grammatical errors in the Proposed Submission Local Plan, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Local Plan frequently asked questions (2016)
We have produced a list of frequently asked questions about the Local Plan [52kb].
Public drop-in events 2016
During the six week consultation in 2016 the Council held three public drop-in events to give all those with an interest in the Plan the opportunity to speak to Council representatives.
Last updated: 10 April 2017 10:25 AM