Guildford Jazz Festival 2017
Guildford's first ever Jazz Festival in various venues across the town.
It's less than two weeks until the first ever Guildford Jazz Festival!
As we countdown to the eagerly-awaited celebration of all things funky, the organisers are excited to announce a great added value offer of 2 for 1 tickets.
It takes place over three days between the 20 and 22 October, it will be a celebration of some of the finest home grown and international jazz talent on the circuit at the moment.
The festival will be a mixture of traditional and contemporary jazz, as well as both gospel and new talent showcases from Guildford itself and all around the UK. Guildford Jazz Festival will engage the local community as a whole, and providing a mix of both free public entertainment and ticketed events that will be suitable for the whole family and various generations of music lovers. I t will utilise various locations across the town, including the notable landmarks such the Tunsgate Arch, Guildford Castle, the cobbled High Street and the newly re-furbished Village Guildford. Featuring many UK and international acts, the event will create a vibe reminiscent of something between the Cork Jazz festival Ireland and London's South Bank.
You can buy tickets here for the following events:
Friday 20 October 2017
- Ronnie Scott's Blues Explosion and Ruby turner at Guildford Harbour Hotel (Prelude Suite)
- Simon Spillett at The Keep Pub
Saturday 21 October 2017
- Benny Goodman Dance Band (Lindy Hop Event)
- Urban Voice Collective at Holy Trinity Church
- Louise Marshall,Byron Wallen and Kansas Smitty House Band at the Guildford Harbour Hotel
- VIP Late Night Cafe Jam at Harbour Brasserie and bar
- Free Event: New Orleans Marching Band and Buskers
- •Jamie O'Donnell Quartet at The Keep Pub
- Guildford Jazz Festival presents Mi-Soul Radio at the Casino Nightclub.
Sunday 22 October 2017