Rainy Day Activities
Don't let the weather spoil your day - there is plenty to do on rainy days in Guildford and Surrey
Don't let the weather spoil your visit to Guildford and Surrey. Take a look here for a list of ideas of things to do when it rains for young and old.
Ideas for Children and Families
- Bocketts Farm has a large play barn with plenty to do; soft play; animal handling and a cafe
- Guildford House Gallery- there is an art cart for children
- Guildford Museum - an art cart and quizzes keep children amused.
- Airhop Trampoline Park - perfect place to tire the youngsters out on a wet day
- Brooklands Museum- although you will need a brolly - there are plenty of sheds full of displays to beat the showers.
- Craggy Island - great place for young and old.
- Dapdune Wharf- only open March to November but a huge barn to keep out of the rain.
- Guildford Spectrum Leisure Centre - you might still get wet - but at least you will be in your swimming costume! Or go bowling or ice skating!
- Surrey Sports Park - plenty of indoor activities
- WWF Living Planet Centre - lots to learn indoors during weekdays
- RHS Garden Wisley - Head for the Glasshouse - or the Glasshouse Cafe which has soft play area for the little ones.
- Head for The Friary Guildford - lots of shops, places to eat, hire a push along car and go to the soft play
Ideas for Grown Ups
- Albury Vineyard- although the scenery at Albury is stunning and a walk around is recommended - there is a warm, dry and cosy visitor centre where you can enjoy a tasting of Albury's award-winning sparkling wines.
- Watts Gallery - Artists' Village - Plenty to see in the galleries, and a lovely cafe and shop too - Brollies and wellies will be needed to see Limnerslease Studio and the Chapel on a rainy day.
- Yvonne Arnaud Theatre - look out for matinee performances on Thursdays and Saturdays
- Cellar Wines, Ripley - while away a wet afternoon tasting cheeses and wines
- Denbies Wine Estate - Cellar tours, wonderful restaurants and of course the excellent shop - plenty to do until the shower passes.
- Take a tour of Hogs Back Brewery
- Hatchlands Park - visit the Cobbe Collection of keyboards, pianos and instruments.
- Loseley House - open May to September with knowledgeable Guides to take you round.
- Polesden Lacey - tour the house of Mrs Greville and visit the room fit for a Maharaja
- Treat yourself to a Spa Day at Hogs Back Hotel
- Enjoy a Spa Day at Guildford Harbour Hotel