Best Scenic Views
Enjoy stunning scenic views in Guildford and the surrounding Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Sit quietly and contemplate the beauty of the countryside or bring a camera and capture the superb landscape. Here are some recommended scenic beauty spots
- Albury Vineyard: Walk to the top of the vineyard up a slight hill to enjoy beautiful views of the Surrey Hills and the 12 acres of organic vines - Suitable for all ages. Children are welcome in the vineyard and there is a free vineyard top trail in dry weather. Fun for adults and children alike and a great way to explore the vineyard - but only the adults get to taste the wine afterwards!
- Denbies Vineyard: take the train ride for the most spectacular views of Dorking from the highest point.
- Hatchlands Park - Enjoy a relaxing stroll through meadow and ancient woodland at Hatchlands Park. Bring a picnic and pick your spot to sit back and enjoy the views in this historic parkland.
- Guildford Castle - The Great Tower of Guildford Castle not only explores over 900 years of history when you step inside, but climb to the very top and we guarantee to take your breath away. Not only do you get a bird's eye view of the wonderfully landscaped gardens but you will also see St Martha's Hill and its wonderful church just outside Chilworth in addition to this take a walk around the access platform and experience views out to Shalford, Compton, Normandy, Woking and Send. It's one of the little treasures of our county town. .
- Leith Hill - Just south of Dorking on the Greensand Ridge, it is the highest point in Surrey reaching 294 metres (965 ft) above sea level.
- Box Hill- famous for the 2012 Olympic Cycling Road Race - trace the route on foot or on bicycle
- Winkworth Arboretum: lush parkland full of trees just south of Guildford in Godalming - beautiful all year round but especially so in Autumn.
- Watts Chapel & Cemetery - Offering stunning views over the Surrey Hills, the Grade I listed Watts Chapel is the jewel in the crown of Watts Gallery - Artists' Village — with its unique Arts & Crafts design and peaceful
location within the century-old village cemetery, it combines art, landscape and remembrance in the perfect place to rest and reflect after a walk along the North Downs Way.