Weekends and Short Breaks
You can be in Guildford and the Surrey Hills in 30-40 minutes from London by train, and from here can explore the whole of South East England - take a look at some weekend and short break ideas.
Come to Guildford and the Surrey Hills for an action packed weekend or a relaxing get-away. The County Town of Surrey is surrounded by lush green hills and is the most wooded county in England. Here are some ideas for you next weekend break or short break away from it all:
- Llama Trekking in the Surrey Hills - stay in luxury accommodation at The Merry Harriers with Llama Trekking on site.
- Pony Trekking and Horse Riding in the Surrey Hills - Slades Farm Equestrian offers high quality accommodation either B&B or Self-Catering. Pony Trekking on site. Tennis court. Opportunity to explore the local countryside and go bird-watching, badger spotting and even come across a few deer on your travels.
- Self guided walking in the Surrey Hills from Dorking
- Self guided walking in the Surrey Hills from Guildford
- Grape and Grain tour of local producers of wine, beer and gin and stay in town or countryside.
- Guildford Harbour Hotel- based in the centre of Guildford - plenty of nightlife and fantastic shopping
- Hogs Back Hotel- stunning views of the Surrey Hills and close to Watts Gallery, Loseley Park and Hogs Back Brewery if you want to explore.
- Holiday Inn Guildford - ideal get away for the fitness fanatic - full sized swimming pool and gym. Just off the A3.
- Foxhills Golf and Leisure Resort - plenty of amusements for children of all ages, but also secluded accommodation for a couples break.
- Chessington World of Adventures Resort- you can book themed accommodation and entry to the park. A must for Gruffalo fans! Glamping also available.
- Broadway Barns at Ripley - close to RHS Garden Wisley, beautiful countryside and with easy access from M25/A3
Town Centre Breaks
- Stay at Guildford Harbour Hotel and enjoy fine dining in The Jetty Restaurant, and a relaxing Spa before heading to the shops and exploring the river, art and culture, events and heritage in the town centre.