The shops in Guildford make the town's reputation as a quality-shopping destination - in fact it was voted The Best Luxury Shopping Destination outside London by Experian in 2014!
Visit Guildford for the perfect shopping trip! Pop in to grab essentials or make a day of it and explore coffee shops and places to eat on the way.
Here's what you will find:
- The newly restored cobbled high street is famous, with its overhanging clock above The Guildhall Well known high street brands and designer shops including fashion, shoes, cosmetics and chemists.
- North Street - home of the weekly North Street Market as well as fashion, toys, furniture and more.
- Do explore the side streets that connect High Street to North Street, especial the historic Angel Gate and Jefferies Passage.
- Need to get undercover? Head for The Friary Guildford with its food hall, excellent facilities for children and babies and superb shops (Children's facilities include baby change, baby feed, soft play and free buggy hire) or visit White Lion Walk which links North Street to the High Street where you will find high street brands and independent shops too.
- Stock up on local produce at the monthly farmers market on the first Tuesday of each month
Other Shopping Day essentials
- Parking: visit our parking pages for details of car parks and charges.
- Cafe's - shopping is not fun without regular coffee breaks!
- Lunch! Keep up the energy and the fun by lunching in one of Guildford's many Pubs or Restaurants
- Why not top off the day with Afternoon Tea?
- For details of how to get here on public transport visit our Plan Your Visitpage
For more information on Guildford Shops go to Experience Guildford's Website - our Business Improvement District. You can also download The Official Guildford App for an on-the-go directory of town centre shops FREE at the iTunes App store and Google Play Store