Enjoy theatre and drama in Guildford - in traditional theatre spaces, and outdoors!
Where to find theatre in Guildford
- Yvonne Arnaud theatre, situated by the River Wey. The Grade II Listed building also has a riverside restaurant for pre-show dining. The Yvonne Arnaud shows touring plays both pre and post West End, its own productions and its famous Christmas Pantomime.
- Guildford Shakespeare Company perform specialise in site-specific theatre and can be found performing in churches, the Castle Grounds and the Law College and have become an intrinsic part of summer in Guildford. Check the Events pages for details of their current production.
- Community Theatre Groups reach a very high standard in Guildford and can be found performing at the Electric Theatre as well as many outdoor locations during the summer - specifically around the bandstand in the Castle Grounds- making for an idyllic evening out where the audience is encouraged to bring along a picnic!
- The Backroom of The Star Inn is a small theatre (approximately 60 seats)
- Guildford Fringe Festival where you can see intimate contemporary plays - and of course the Adult Panto!
- Guildford is the home of the Guildford School of Acting and the Performance Preparation Academy, as well as the Academy of Contemporary Music.
Why not use the Events above to look for theatre events in Guildford?
You can also take a look at ArtsEgg Website for local amateur and professional arts events
Guildford has a vibrant and safe night time economy and has been awarded Purple Flag three years running. So you can be assured of a safe and enjoyable night out in Guildford