Building Control fee calculator
Guidance notes for our online Building Control fee calculator.
To calculate the Building Control charges for your proposed project please visit our Building Control Fee Calculator. You will need to:
- select the type of application you wish to submit - Full Plans, Building Notice and Regularisation
- click on the + sign (which is next to the fee part heading)
- select the appropriate fee type from the drop down list
- select the appropriate fee category from the drop down list
- then complete the highlighted fields within the form.
If you are carrying out more than one element of work for example a single storey rear extension and loft conversion then you will need to repeat the process by adding a further fee part by clicking on the + (next to the fee part heading).
You will also need to to click the additional charge field where the electrical works are not being carried out by a electrician registered with an Approved Part P Scheme. This will be applicable for the following fee types:
- a domestic new build application
- a domestic extension.
Where you are proposing to submit an application for a 'domestic extension' and 'domestic alterations to a single building' which are to be carried out at the same time, you will need to click the apply reduction field. Please note that the reduction does not apply to electrical installations.
Where your proposed building work does not fall within parameters of the of the fee calculator please contact the Building Control team on 01483 444545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be pleased to provide an individual determined quotation for the Building Control charge for your project.
Please note that the 'inspection fee' for the full plan submission will in most cases be invoiced following our first inspection (Commencement).
Where the installation of windows and/or doors form part of a new extension or are elements of a new dwelling these are included within our charges and will not be subject to an additional fee.
The total estimated cost of work - means an estimate of all reasonable costs including both materials and labour that would be charged by a person in business to carry out the work(s) excluding VAT. Professional fees paid to an architect, engineer or surveyor etc and land acquisition costs are to be excluded from the estimated costs.
Please click on the calculate button which will then display the submission fee and inspection fees required. Should you wish to print the form please select 'Print' at the bottom of the page then select 'Finish'.
Get in touch
Telephone: 01483 444545
- Submit a Building Control application
- Search for a Building Control application
- Types of application
- When you require a Building Control application
- Demolition guidance
- Dangerous structures
- Site inspections
- Interactive map of Building Control applications
- Partner Authority Scheme - join today
- CPD seminars
- LABC South East Building Excellence Awards
- Completion certificates
- Making a planning application
- Search and comment on a planning application
- Comment on a planning application