We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We also set analytics cookies to help us improve it, this information is collected in a way that does not allow us to identify anyone. Find out more about our cookies and how to block them. Find out more about Cookies

Can I get any other financial help?

Housing benefit is paid to people on low income who pay rent. People can claim, whether they are in full time work or get social security benefits.

Local councils deal with housing benefit claims and must follow the rules set out by parliament.

If you want to know more about housing benefit please visit the housing benefit explained page.

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

For more information on DWP benefits, please visit the Department for Work and Pensions or call 0845 608 8757.

Pension Credit

For more information on pension credits please visit the Pension Service or call 0800 99 1234.