How do we pay Local Council Tax Support?

If you pay council tax, we normally send you a council tax bill showing your Local Council Tax Support entitlement. You then only pay the reduced amount. This means you wont actually get any money, but your council tax will be less.

Whilst you receive Local Council Tax Support, you must tell us immediately about any changes to the information you gave us on your application form, especially if you stop getting Income Support, ESA (IR) or JSA (IB).

If you don't tell us straight away about any changes, you may get more Local Council Tax Support than you should. If this happens, we normally ask you to pay it back to us.