Can I get any other financial help?
Local Council Tax Support is paid to people on low income who are liable for the council tax.
It is worked out in a similar way to housing benefit. You can claim using the same application form that you use to claim housing benefit.
If you want to know more about Local Council Tax Support, please contact us using the details at the bottom of the page or visit the Local Council Tax Support page.
- Local Council Tax Support
- Apply for benefits online
- Benefits calculator
- What is housing benefit?
- Who can claim housing benefit?
- When and how do I claim housing benefit?
- How do we work out housing benefits?
- What if I disagree with the way the council works out my benefit? Can I appeal?
- How do we pay housing benefit?
- Will other adults living in my home affect my housing benefit?
- Can I claim benefit on two homes when moving?
- Benefits - fraud investigation
- What is a Discretionary Housing Payment?
- What local bank information and proof of identification is required?
- What is Welfare Reform?
- Important information for new housing association and council tenants under the age of 35 on 1 April 2020
- Can hostel residents apply for housing benefit?
- Universal Credit
- Local Housing Allowance
- Help for older people