Can hostel residents apply for housing benefit?
Yes, you will need to complete the relevant form.
You need to print out the, complete it and either
- Hand it in at the Council offices (at the address below):
Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Or you can post it to
Housing benefit or Local Council Tax Support
Revenue and Payments Services
Guildford Borough Council
- Apply for benefits online
- Benefits calculator
- What is housing benefit?
- Who can claim housing benefit?
- When and how do I claim housing benefit?
- How do we work out housing benefits?
- What if I disagree with the way the council works out my benefit? Can I appeal?
- How do we pay housing benefit?
- Will other adults living in my home affect my housing benefit?
- Can I claim benefit on two homes when moving?
- Benefits - fraud investigation
- What is a Discretionary Housing Payment?
- What local bank information and proof of identification is required?
- What is Welfare Reform?
- Can I get any other financial help?
- Important information for new housing association and council tenants under the age of 35 on 1 April 2018
- Local Council Tax Support
- Universal Credit
- Local Housing Allowance
- Help with council tax
- Help for older people