What local bank information and proof of identification is required?
The table below gives general guidance only to 'basic bank accounts' that are currently available and should not be treated as a complete and authoritative guide to available accounts and acceptable identification.
Basic bank accounts in Guildford
The table below lists some of the different banks you can find in and around the Guildford area, and in Guildford town centre, and the basic bank accounts they offer.
It also lists some of the services they offer.
|Name||Address||Web||Lowest tier basic account available (Name)||How to apply||Credit check||Photo ID||Monthly fee||ID list|
Tel: 0345 300 0000
|147 High Street,|
|Lloyds Bank||Basic account (if not eligible for current account)||Online / in branch / phone - only if not eligible for current account||Yes||Yes||No||ID list|
|245 Epsom Road,|
|5 Ockham South Road,|
|12 High Street,|
Tel: 0345 975 8758
|233 High Street,|
|TSB||Cash account||Online / in branch||Not known||No||No||ID list|
Tel: 0845 765 4321
|166 High Street,|
|Santander||Basic current account||Online / in branch||Not known||No||No||ID list|
|43 High Street,|
|104 High Street,|
Tel: 0345 740 4404
|12a North Street,|
|HSBC||Basic bank account||Online / in branch / post / phone||Yes||No||No||ID list|
|110 High Street|
Tel: 0800 554 0338
|32-34 High Street,|
|Nationwide||Flex Basic||Online / in branch||Yes||No||No||ID list|
|126 High Street,|
Tel: 0345 734 5345
|19 North Street,|
|Barclays||Basic current account||In branch||Not known||No||No||ID list|
|87 High Street,|
|71 High Street,|
Tel: 0345 788 8444
|151 High Street,|
|NatWest||Foundation account||Online / in branch - only if not eligible for current account||Yes||No||No||ID list|
|4 Worplesdon Road,|
|77 High Street,|
|24 High Street,|
Tel: 0345 720 3040
|28-30 High Street,|
|Halifax||Basic account||Online / phone / in branch - only if not eligible for current account||Yes||No||No||ID list|
Tel: 0345 08 08 500
|35-37 North Street,|
|Metro Bank||Current account||In branch||Not known||No||No||ID list|
- Apply for benefits online
- Benefits calculator
- What is housing benefit?
- Who can claim housing benefit?
- When and how do I claim housing benefit?
- How do we work out housing benefits?
- What if I disagree with the way the council works out my benefit? Can I appeal?
- How do we pay housing benefit?
- Will other adults living in my home affect my housing benefit?
- Can I claim benefit on two homes when moving?
- Benefits - fraud investigation
- What is a Discretionary Housing Payment?
- What is Welfare Reform?
- Can I get any other financial help?
- Important information for new housing association and council tenants under the age of 35 on 1 April 2020
- Can hostel residents apply for housing benefit?
- Local Council Tax Support
- Universal Credit
- Local Housing Allowance
- Help with council tax
- Help for older people