Council tax customer charter
Local Taxation is part of the Guildford Borough Council Revenue and Payments Service. We are committed to providing a high standard of service to all of our customers.
Who we are and what we do:
We are responsible for the collection of council tax and business rates. Our customers are the residents and businesses of Guildford. The Local Taxation Services will provide value for money through competitive costs and high levels of collection from those who are able to pay.
In addition to the Guildford Borough Council Customer Charter we aim to:
- use plain language, avoiding jargon
- provide a professional service
- be responsible and accountable for the accuracy and quality of our work
- provide staff with the required training and support to deliver an excellent service to you.
Operationally we aim to:
- collect 99% in year council tax and business rates
- maximise income to Guildford Borough Council by collecting all previous years arrears that remain outstanding.
You can help us to provide a good service in a number of ways:
- tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your circumstances
- make sure that the information you give us is accurate and provided in a timely fashion and
- if you have any questions regarding council tax or business rates, please contact us as soon as possible.
If you have any further comments or suggestions regarding our promise to you, please contact us.
Our Dog Warden, Pete, has set up his trailer in coronation gardens, Ash. He's there till 2 pm and the sun is shinin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…18 minutes ago