Customer Charter: food safety
Our Environmental Health and Licensing Team is committed to providing a high quality, professional service to all of our customers.
We aim to make sure that food manufactured, prepared or sold within Guildford Borough is in a safe condition for consumers to eat. Our work is divided between undertaking planned food hygiene inspections, investigating complaints about unfit or contaminated food, investigating infectious diseases including food poisoning, providing food hygiene training and giving advice to the public and food businesses.
The following are the minimum service standards that you can expect from our Food Safety Team:
Inspecting food businesses
- Carry out planned inspections of all our higher risk food businesses within Food Standards Agency targets.
- We will produce a written report following the inspection and send it to the food business operator within ten working days of our visit.
- We will publish the hygiene ratings awarded by our officers on our website within one month of the inspection.We will undertake any necessary enforcement action in a consistent, targeted and proportionate manner.
Investigating food complaints
- We will respond to all complaints about food or food hygiene standards in food premises within one working day, and within four hours for the most serious food complaints.
- We will contact you when the investigation has been resolved, advising you of the outcome of our investigation, unless you specifically advise us that you do not wish to be contacted.
Investigating food poisoning and reports of infectious disease
- We will respond to all reports of infectious disease or food poisoning within one working day, and within four hours for the most serious cases.
- We will provide helpful professional advice and information regarding your illness and any necessary preventative measures.
Providing advice to business
- We will provide free professional advice and information on food safety requirements, particularly if you are looking to set up a new business.
We hope you think our standards are relevant and meaningful to you. If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact us.