Customer Service Charter for Health and Safety
Guildford Borough Council's Environmental Health and Licensing Services team is committed to providing a high quality, professional standard of service to all of our customers.
We aim to protect the health, safety and welfare of people who may be exposed to risks from work activities within Guildford Borough, including employees and members of the public, by securing compliance with health and safety legislation and promoting good practice in businesses.
Our work is divided between:
- undertaking planned risk based health and safety inspections,
- investigating complaints and requests for advice relating to health, safety and welfare conditions and standards,
- investigation of statutory notifications received in relation to asbestos and lift reports,
- investigating of reportable accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with our investigation criteria to identify the cause and prevent further incidents,
- commenting on licence applications as the responsible authority for health and safety and to determine all applications for registration for cosmetic piercing, electrolysis, tattooing, semi permanent make up and acupuncture,
- using local initiatives based on national strategies and local priorities including the provision of low cost training to improve health and safety standards and reduce workplace accidents and ill health,
- providing advice and investigate complaints in relation to smoking in smoke free premises.
The following are the minimum service standards that you can expect from our Health and Safety team:
- Carry out planned inspections of all our higher risk businesses in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive Guidance to Local Authorities on Priority Planning.
- We will produce a written report following the inspection and send it to the business operator within 10 working days of our visit.
- We will undertake any necessary enforcement action in a consistent, targeted and proportionate manner.
- We will respond to all complaints and enquiries regarding health, safety and welfare at work, which meet our complaint selection criteria within 1 working day.
- We will respond to smoke free complaints and enquiries within 3 days.
- We will contact you when the investigation has been resolved advising you of the outcome of our investigation, unless you specifically advise us that you do not wish to be contacted.
Investigating accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences
- We will respond to all reportable accidents, diseases or dangerous occurrences which meet our investigation selection criteria within 1 working day.
- We will provide helpful professional advice and information regarding our investigation.
Providing advice and training to business
- We will provide free professional advice and information on health and safety requirements, particularly if you looking to set up a new business.
- We will deliver low cost training to business in accordance with demand.
We hope you think our standards are relevant and meaningful to you. If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact us.
Have your say on Guildford's Stoke Park! We'd love to hear your ideas & feedback on how to improve it even more… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…13 hours ago