Housing and Council Tax Benefits customer charter
The Benefits Section is part of the Guildford Borough Council Revenue and Payments Service. We are committed to providing a high standard of service to all of our customers.
Who we are and what we do
The Benefits Section is responsible for assessing and paying Housing and/or Council Tax Support. This is to assist those with a basic requirement for shelter, who do not have the means to pay for all of it themselves.
In addition to the Guildford Borough Council Customer Charter we aim to:
- provide a professional service, using plain language, avoiding jargon where possible
- take utmost care over the way we handle customer's personal data and supporting evidence received in relation to benefit claims
- be responsible and accountable for the accuracy and quality of our work
- provide staff with the required training, support and resources to deliver an excellent service to you.
Operationally we aim to:
- process benefit claims within 10 working days from the supply of all necessary information
- ensure that the take up of benefits is maximised throughout the whole community
- ensure benefit is, as far as possible, only paid to those customers who have a legitimate entitlement
- take steps, where necessary, to minimise overpayments of benefits, but where these do occur, seek to recover with due regard to individual circumstances.
You can help us to provide a good service in a number of ways:
- tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your circumstances
- make sure that the information you give us is accurate and provided in a timely fashion
- if you are unsure or have any questions regarding benefit entitlement, contact us as soon as possible.
If you have any further comments or suggestions regarding our promise to you, please contact us.
in reply to: @mattbrettle Hi Matt, give our contact centre a call on 01483 505050 and they'll be able to walk you through it.2 hours ago