Parks and Countryside Customer Charter
The Guildford Borough Council Parks and Countryside team is committed to providing high quality value for money service for all of our customers.
Parks and Leisure provides the following broad services:
- Conservation of public gardens, parks and countryside
- Provision and management of sports, playgrounds and allotments
- Opportunities to participate in and/or benefit from provision of arts, sport and play related activities.
- Bereavement services including the provision and management of crematoriums and cemeteries
In Parks and Leisure Services we aim to:
- make Guildford a better place to live and work by creating a natural environment which reduces the impacts of pollution and climate change
- provide community facilities for the provision of leisure activities
- provide customers with clear, accurate and concise information on our services, which is accessible to all through various formats including the Council website, printed leaflets, newsletters, on site interpretation and notice boards provide information on fees and charges
- consult with customers to provide the best opportunities and provision for local communities
- protect and enhance the recreation, conservation and heritage values of all our sites and maintain a safe and clean environment
- promote and improve excellent access to all our sites and activities
- reduce anti-social behaviour and the fear of crime and carry out regular patrols of all our parks and countryside sites
- maintain all our land and facilities to the highest standards in line with best practice
How did we perform?
We publish performance statistics so you know how well we are doing. Below is a summary of our results from 2011/12. Results from our next quarter (April-June) will be available in July.
April 2011- March 2012
- Parks and Countryside Services received 195 compliments, comments and complaints, of which 33 were complaints about our service
- Parks and Countryside Services responded to 88% of our customer's comments and complaints within 10 days. Our aim is to achieve 90%
- Staff answered 9,491 external phone calls, 84% were answered within fifteen seconds. Our aim is to achieve 85%
- 124,887 visits were made to the Castle Grounds
- 53,637 visits were made to the Chantry Wood (monitoring only started in August 2011)
- 111,584 visits were made to Riverside Nature Reserve
- 46,795 visits were to Stoke Park Gardens (monitoring only started in January 2012)
- 86% of tree inspections to our customer's trees have been completed within the specified timeframe. Our aim is to achieve 100%
- 8,516 site inspections were completed by our Ranger Service, of which 17 (0.2%) required immediate action relating to litter, anti-social behaviour and dog fouling.
- Our Countryside Service lead 936 volunteers, who worked 6,630 hours, across our countryside sites
- 88% of our garden maintenance customers were satisfied with our service and 100% thought our staff were polite and considerate
- 5,512 site inspections were completed across our 52 playgrounds.
- A total of 449 playground repairs were required, of which 350 were completed and the remaining 99 are classified as very low risk
- We have been judged and won six Green Flag Awards
- Stoke Park was awarded a silver star as voted by netmums.com as one of their favourite free places to go in West Surrey
We hope you think our standards are relevant and meaningful to you. We would welcome your feedback about our customer charter and service standards. If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact us.
We have been out and about in West Clandon parish recently, cutting back vegetation and cleaning signs pic.twitter.com/r7QnAdwk1d4 hours ago
RT @filminginsurrey: Guildford High Street's iconic clock taking centre stage in this fantastic shot of the fireworks, at last nights #Guil…5 hours ago