We use Cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policy

Revenue and Payments Services

How Did We Perform - 2014/15?

  • 99.13 per cent Council Tax collected.

  • 99.27 per cent Business Rates collected.

  • Successfully prosecuted 13 cases of Benefit Fraud.

  • Imposed 6 Admin Penalties.

  • New Housing and Council Tax Benefit claims paid on average in 24.71 days.

  • 90.80 per cent of Housing and Council Tax Support claims determined within 7 days of receipt of all necessary information.

  • Housing and Council Tax Support change of circumstances processed on average in 9.08 days.

  • Revenue & Benefits counter staff served 15,455 customers and of these;

  • 78.28 per cent Housing and Council Tax Benefit queries

  • 18.78 per cent Council Tax queries

  • 2.94 per cent Other

  • 88.33 per cent invoices paid on time (within 30 days).

  • 96.48 per cent payments made through BACS.

  • 37,505 Council Tax payers pay by Direct Debit.

  • 2,047 Business Rates payers pay by Direct Debit.

  • 82,141 telephone calls were received with 64.59 % handled by self-service. The remaining 35.41 per cent of customers spoke with a specialist within 15 seconds.