An Encounter with Colour - ten paintings by Jennie Tuffs
22 September to 6 October.
Exhibition venue: The Garden Room
Jennie Tuffs is a Londoner now working near Edinburgh. She pioneered the fine-art use of her medium, unforgiving liquid acrylics, for her portraits of flowers. These are recognized, not least by botanists, for revealing the essence of the flower. In her recent work the focus has shifted to an emphasis on location and sense of space.
An artist with an international reputation, Jennie trained at St Martin's School of Art, the Academia dei Belli Arte, Florence, and Goldsmiths. Guildford's Heritage Services holds two of her paintings.
Commissioned by London Underground for posters on the tube, her work is known to millions of travellers, and Jennie was the featured artist for the 1980s and 1990s in the London Transport Museum's exhibition 'Poster Girls', celebrating the work of female artists for London Transport.
- Guildford House Gallery
- Exhibitions and events - Guildford House Gallery
- Surrey Photographic Association biennial exhibition
- Exhibition event - Nature Photography by David Smith
- Guildford Art Society - Spring Exhibition
- Gouache for Everyone - exhibition event
- Finding Our Voice: Guildford School of Art Sit-In 1968
- Finding Our Voice - Meet the Artist exhibition event
- North Surrey Artists' Summer Exhibition
- Exhibition event - North Surrey Artists
- The Discerning Eye
RT @BlackrockAllan: WOW!! Didn't think I'd be holding an actual 18 thousand year old wolly mammoth tooth. In better condition than mine 😁 @…3 days ago