Pilgrim Stitchers' three day needlework course
11 to 14 September.
The Pilgrim Stitchers run an annual short course in needlework inspired by specially selected, usually historical, embroidery.
Cost of course: £415
This year the Pilgrim Stitchers will be based in the Brew House at Guildford House and the course will include specially arranged opportunities to view embroidery from the collections cared for by Guildford Museum.
This extraordinary event is programmed over three days, with a dinner on the evening before the course starts.
The cost of the course includes.
Tuesday evening dinner.
Wednesday: your kit and teaching of the Peruvian Purse based on a Quaker sampler.
Thursday: a lecture on the history of samplers.
Thursday: a visit to a local attraction.
Friday: your kit and teaching of the SW sampler, dated 1828.
Friday: a surprise kit for an item taken from the archives in the Guildford Museum.
You will have the opportunity to spend two hours viewing articles from the archives at Guildford Museum.
Three light lunches.
For further information and to book, go to the Pilgrim Stitchers website.
- Guildford House Gallery
- Exhibitions and events - Guildford House Gallery
- Surrey Photographic Association biennial exhibition
- Exhibition event - Nature Photography by David Smith
- Guildford Art Society - Spring Exhibition
- Gouache for Everyone - exhibition event
- Finding Our Voice: Guildford School of Art Sit-In 1968
- Finding Our Voice - Meet the Artist exhibition event
- North Surrey Artists' Summer Exhibition
- Exhibition event - North Surrey Artists
- The Discerning Eye
- An Encounter with Colour - ten paintings by Jennie Tuffs
RT @BlackrockAllan: WOW!! Didn't think I'd be holding an actual 18 thousand year old wolly mammoth tooth. In better condition than mine 😁 @…3 days ago