Can we help during self-isolation?
If you, or someone you know, needs help with food, prescription collections or would like someone to talk to, please register for support.
We have set up three helplines that you can call to get support:
- Please call 01483 444400 if you need help due to Coronavirus or the stay at home restrictions.
- Please call our Safe & Settled team on 01483 444476 if you are recently home from hospital, or need some help to manage at home. We can also help with urgent repairs to your home and advise on issues with landlords and rented property.
Lines are open from 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am - 4:30pm Fridays.
Please call 01483 505050 if you would like information on how you can volunteer.
Staying safe when getting help
We are making calls to residents at this time, but please be vigilant of people calling who may say they are Guildford Borough Council but aren't. If you are at all unsure, please check by calling us on 01483 505050, to confirm the call and check it's us.
Please be vigilant during this time. While most people have good intentions and genuinely want to help, there are people who want to exploit the situation.
Try to use a family member, friend or neighbour who you know and trust. If not, try to use existing and trusted community and voluntary groups.
- do not hand money or your credit/debit card to someone you don't know or trust
- never write your PIN number down or give it to anyone else unless they are a trusted family member or friend
- if someone is offering to help with shopping please make sure they're introduced by someone you know and trust, or are part of the group of volunteers that are working with us
For more information on how to avoid scams please see the Surrey County Council article Stay connected, don't be scammed.
Please call the free British Red Cross coronavirus support line on 0808 196 3651 If you're feeling lonely, worried or can't access essential supplies.
Lines are open everyday 10am to 6pm.