Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

£500 self isolation payment

Apply for self isolation payment

You will need the following information to complete the form:

  • the account ID you have received from NHS Test and Trace and an image of the notification
  • your National Insurance number
  • details of your qualifying benefit
  • a copy of your latest bank statement. The bank statement should be one issued in the past two months. It must show proof of earnings if you are not submitting payslips
  • proof of employment, such as a payslip
  • proof of self-employment if you are self employed. This could include:
    • a recent business bank statement (within the past two months)
    • most recent set of accounts
    • evidence of self-assessment returns
  • contact details for your employer
  • any information from your employer confirming that you cannot work and will get a reduced income

Apply for £500 payment

Apply for someone else 

You can apply on behalf of someone else. The £500 payment must be paid into a bank account in the name of the person for whom the application is being made.

If you applied on behalf of your parent, the payment will be made into your parent's bank account.

Unable to fill out the form?

If you can't access the form yourself and family or friends are unable to help you, call 01483 505050.

Making a valid claim

You could be prosecuted if you have manipulated or lied about your claim to get these payments.

This includes failing to self-isolate, which puts others at risk. Any payment made as a result of fraud may have to be repaid, as may any grants paid in error.

The government is supporting us to make the necessary checks to ensure payments can be verified and have been made correctly.

If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, you are required by law to do this.

Discretionary payments

We have a discretionary payment scheme for exceptional cases. This is for cases that do not meet the main Test and Trace Support payment scheme. Icon for word Read about our detailed scheme. [76.83KB]

Single full-time students will not generally qualify for benefit. They will not be entitled to a discretionary payment, even if they have applied. 

Applying for benefit to access Discretionary Test and Trace support is also ineligible.

Apply for Discretionary Test and Trace payment

Data sharing

To administer this scheme, we will share information you give us with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).

We will also access part of your records contained in NHS Test and Trace data system. These are known as CTAS and DWP records and used to confirm your eligibility for this scheme of payment.

We may also use the information we hold about you for the prevention and detection of fraud. Where the law permits, we will share information with other state bodies for auditing, statistical purposes and for administering public funds. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.