Guildford Design Awards 2021
The Guildford Society and Guildford Borough Council are jointly organising the 2021 Guildford Design Awards.
Cllr Joss Bigmore, Leader of Guildford Borough Council and Peter Coleman of Guildford Society have both stressed that our central objective for the Awards is to encourage and reward excellence in design of built projects from across the Borough of Guildford.
We are now seeking nominations for the Awards that will be presented in late 2021. The schemes need to have been completed between June 2020 and June 2021. Recognising the delays to some projects' completion because of the pandemic, projects that were due for completion by June 2021 but delayed for a few weeks will be considered.
- New Commercial Building
- New Public Building
- New Build- Individual House
- New Build - Multiple Housing - smaller projects of up to 30 homes
- New Build - Multiple Housing - larger projects 30 homers and over
- Conservation Project
- Regeneration Project involving an extension to an existing building
- Public Realm including soft (landscape) and/or hard works
- Public Art
Nominations can be for a location anywhere in the Borough of Guildford. The Borough boundaries can be checked here.
Projects will be judged by a small panel consisting of representatives from the Guildford Society, Guildford Borough Council and other panelists invited for their relevant expertise whether architectural, planning, artistic, or project commissioning. The judging criteria for each Category of Project will be published on both Guildford Society and Guildford Borough Council's websites.
Submitting a nomination for a project
If you would like to nominate a project for consideration be it large or small please make your submission by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the project to include:
- Location including postcode
- Category of Project from list above
- Brief description of the Project including key features of the design, maximum 1 page A4
- Photographs of the completed project
- Name of Client and consultants responsible for the design
- Email address, phone number, etc. for key contact
Those nominating projects need to make sure property owners are happy for their scheme to be considered.
Submissions of nominated projects should be made no later than Friday 25th June 2021
Previously the Guildford Society and Guildford Borough Council have organised alternate years of design awards. Now they have joined to organise the 2021 Awards. Details of the last few years awards, including videos of the 2020 Award Winners, can be seen on:-
Further information or queries
If you require any further information or have questions about the awards please contact:
Alistair Smith email@example.com or
Peter Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org