Find out how to apply for a Gambling Premises Licence.
As a local authority, we have responsibility for licensing gambling premises, including:
- adult gaming centres
- betting shops
- race tracks
- bingo halls
- family entertainment centres
Before applying for a licence, please read ourwhich describes how we deal with applications.
How to apply
Operating licences and personal licences are issued by The Gambling Commission.
To apply for a gambling premises licence:
- Download our
- Complete the form and return to Licensing, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB with the correct application fee. See our
Your licence application will have a 28 day consultation period. During this period, your application must be advertised at the premises and in the local press, as well as copied to us and to the:
- Police Licensing Unit
- Gambling Commission
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
- Environmental Health
- Planning Authority
- Children's Services
- HM Revenues and Customs
We consider representations received during this period from responsible authorities or interested parties, this includes anyone who:
- lives sufficiently close to the premises to be affected by the gambling
- has business interests that might be affected by the gambling
- represents persons who meet points 1 or 2 above.
As part of our licensing duties, we also consider applications to review a premise's licence.
A review application is subject to a 28 day consultation period during which comments may be made. We will hold a hearing to decide what action should be taken.
Anyone considering applying for a review is strongly advised to take professional legal advice and contact the Licensing Team before doing so.
For more information, contact the Licensing Team on 01483 444371 or email email@example.com.