Local Plan 2003 (Saved Policies)
Please note: the Council has adopted a new Local Plan (2015 - 2034) that replaces some policies of the Local Plan 2003. You can find information about the new Local Plan on the Local Plan: strategy and sites (2015 - 2034) page. The 2003 policies that are superseded are listed in Appendix 8 of the new plan.
The Guildford Borough Local Plan (2003) can be downloaded from the link below. This version of the Plan shows all superseded policies as struck-through in red text.
Visit our main reception at Millmead House to view a hard copy of the Local Plan and Proposal Maps.
In 2007, the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government gave a direction that the following Local Plan policies were not saved and therefore do not remain in effect:
- Policy H1 housing provision
- Policy H10 new residential development
- Policy S1 major new retail development
- Proposal GT4 Seeboard site, Woodbridge Road
- Policy RE7 protection of the best and most versatile agricultural land
- Policy HE11 scheduled ancient monuments and other sites and monuments of national importance
- Proposal U1 University of Surrey.
This is the Direction letter
Local Plan Inspector's report
The Local Plan Inspector's report (September 2001) can be read here.