For more information about the timescales we are working towards please see our Local Development Scheme.
You can request to be notified about all future Local Plan publications and consultations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us 01483 444471.
Issues and Options consultation
We consulted on our Local Plan Strategy and Sites Issues and Options document from 1 October to 29 November 2013. The Issues and Options document invited comments on a series of key issues for the borough and the options that could help us address them.
As part of the consultation, we held a range of events, workshops and exhibitions, a Community Engagement Statement [10Mb] has been produced to provide a record of the consultation events and community engagement activities that took place as part of the Issues and Options consultation.
We published the comments and responses [299kb] early in 2014. We then produced the Draft Local Plan strategy and sites document - please see the Draft Local Plan strategy and sites consultation (Reg 18) section below.
We prepared three assessments to support the preparation of the new Local Plan.
Draft Local Plan strategy and sites consultation (Reg 18)
Many people gave their views on the borough's future through our extensive 12-week public consultation on the Draft Local Plan Strategy and Sites Document which took place between 1 July to 22 September 2014.
Our consultation included a range of events and activities across the borough. We aimed to reach as many local people as possible - we wanted to hear from residents of all ages and backgrounds, businesses and local organisations. We received over 20,000 comments from over 7,000 individuals, organisations and stakeholders during the consultation.
Further to the initial feedback we published in October 2014, we prepared a summary of the key themes [285kb] from all of the comments we received. This was accompanied by the publication of comments on our 'get involved' website which contains all of the responses we received, and our Statement of Community Engagement consultation report, [15Mb] and consultation appendices [46Mb] which detailed the process of consultation.
You can view the Draft Local Plan: strategy and sites (2014) below.
Draft Local Plan documents
Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites consultation (Reg 19) (2016)
Many people gave their views on the borough's future throughout the six-week consultation on the Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites 2016 which ran from 6 June to 18 July 2016. Our consultation included three drop-in events.
See the comments we received on the consultation homepage (This link will open in a new window).
Proposed Submission Local Plan documents
If you would like to download the Guildford borough Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites and its accompanying documents, these are available below:
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Strategy and Sites [96Mb] (large file)
- Guildford borough Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites [9Mb] (includes policies and site allocations)
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix A - E [1Mb]
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix F Policies Map [7Mb]
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix G Policy and Monitoring [198kb]
- Proposed Submission Local Plan: Appendix H Maps [23Mb]
Other Proposed Submission documents:
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) 2016 [7Mb] [7Mb]
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) non-technical summary 2016 [427kb]
- Guildford LP Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) May 2016 [996kb]
- Guildford LP Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) May 2016 Appendix A [6Mb]
- Guildford LP Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) May 2016 Appendix B and C [1Mb]
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EqIA) Screening (2014) [59kb]
- Consultation Statement [2Mb]
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 4b Responses to policies 1 - 19 [2Mb]
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 4c Comments on Site Allocations & Appendices & question responses [2Mb]
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Statement of Fact [172kb]
Local Plan frequently asked questions (2016)
In June 2016 we produced a list of frequently asked questions about the Local Plan [52kb].
Public drop-in events 2016
During the six week consultation in 2016 the Council held three public drop-in events to give all those with an interest in the Plan the opportunity to speak to Council representatives.
Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites consultation (Reg 19) (2017)
As a result of last summer's consultation and further work, we proposed a number of changes to the plan and updated part of the evidence base that has informed its preparation. The Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites 2017 included the proposed changes to the Plan since the 2016 consultation. From Friday 9 June to Monday 24 July 2017 we consulted on the proposed changes. All proposed changes to the plan are visible as tracked changes in the Local Plan document itself. This identified new text as underlined in red, with deleted text as strikethrough in red. Changes to maps were shown within yellow boxes and inset maps. For more information, please view the Proposed Submission Local Plan web page.
We have produced a series of topic papers on a number of themes to help explain our policy approach. There are a large number of documents in our evidence base which have informed the preparation of the Local Plan.
Last updated: 2 May 2019 10:19 AM