Safe and Settled - discharge support service
Offering practical short term support for patients returning home from hospital.
The Safe and Settled service is a short term wrap round service that is designed to support patients that are returning home after a short hospital stay or trauma. Patients may feel vulnerable or anxious when returning home or their environment may not be initially suitable.
What the service can offer:
- Installation of a community alarm
- Provide and fit key safe/hand rails, grab rails
- Welfare visit or telephone call day following discharge
- Practical support to ensure food and medication is available
- Home Assessment to minimise risks in the home environment
- Provision of essential equipment to aid daily living
- Moving of furniture to create a micro environment
- Essential urgent repairs, including boiler repairs and de-cluttering
- Advice and guidance, sign posting to community services
What's the Criteria?
The service is aimed at vulnerable, elderly and disabled residents of Guildford and Waverley who perhaps have limited access to support at home, their families may live a distance away or have other caring responsibilities.
If a hospital practitioner discusses Safe and Settled with a patient and they could benefit from one or more of the services available, they would be appropriate to be referred.
How to refer:
Care and Repair is a Home Improvement Agency operating across the Guildford and Waverley districts. We aim to help older or vulnerable people and those with disabilities.
We offer a various service, from home adaptions, repairs, Handyperson service to Safe and Settled, a hospital discharge support service.