Sustainable Design and Construction SPD
The Sustainable Design and Construction SPD (Supplementary Planning Document) has been prepared to provide guidance on the Council's sustainability requirements from new build developments. Guildford Borough Council adopted the Sustainable Design and Construction SPD on 3 March 2011.
This SPD was subject to factual updates in May 2015, and a further update in October 2015, following changes in national policy. Please see the addendum at the front of the SPD for further information.
This SPD supersedes the Sustainable Development and Construction SPD that was adopted in December 2005 and updated in May 2008.
The Sustainable Design and Construction SPD, the Consultation Statement and the Adoption Statement are available below, at local libraries, and during normal office hours at our Main Reception, Guildford Borough Council offices, Millmead, Guildford.
Notice of Withdrawal
In accordance with Section 20(a) of the Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2004 (as amended 2008 and 2009) Guildford Borough Council hereby gives notice of the withdrawal of the Sustainable Development and Construction SPD (2005).
If you would like any further information on the Sustainable Design and Construction Supplementary Planning Document please contact the Planning Policy Team.
- Planning guidance
- Vehicle Parking Standards Supplementary Planning Document
- Planning Contributions Supplementary Planning Document
- Woodbridge Meadows SPD
- Planning and building control documents
- Landscape Character Assessment
- Landscape Character Assessment user guide
- Listed buildings and Conservation Areas
- Planning enforcement
- Making a planning application
- Search and comment on a planning application
- Comment on a planning application
- Planning policy and Local Plan