The Surrey Hills are a riot of stunning autumn colour and there are plenty of places to walk and activities to enjoy.
Here are some suggestions of the best places to see the riot of autumn colours in the Surrey Hills; the best places to kick dry leaves; and the best places to take your camera and capture the glorious colours of autumn.
- Albury Vineyard: Great walks around the Silent Pool and St Martha's. The changing colours of the leaves on the vines are beautiful. Grapes are harvested in October so join the wine club and help with the picking! - Free admission to the vineyard. Wine tasting from £5. Help with the harvest is for wine club members only (£75 per year).
- Hatchlands Park is a riot of stunning colours in the Autumn
- Painshill Park in Cobham
- Winkworth Arboretum in Godalming
- Busbridge Lake: Autumn Pop Up in Godalming - 14 October 2018
- RHS Garden Wisley
- Stoke Park
- Millmead Island
- Boat Trips on the Wey and Arun Canal
- Box Hill
- Leith Hill
- Newlands Corner
- Denbies Wine Estate
See our Walks pages for guided and self-guided walk ideas.
Visit the Countryside Pages for other ideas of places to see autumn colour.