Dog Friendly Places
Spending time with your four-legged friend is important - so we will guide you to places in Guildford that are Dog Friendly
A day can be spoiled if you have to leave your four legged friend at home. Here we will highlight the places where your dog will be more than welcome:
Dog Friendly Place to Eat:
- The Britannia Pub - dog beds, water bowls and biscuits
- The Keep Pub - water bowls and dog biscuits
- Dogs are very welcome in the Coach House Cafe at Hatchlands Park -
Dog Friendly Attractions and events
- Hatchlands Park- Dogs are allowed in the parkland off lead if under close control and in the courtyard on lead and also on a lead during bluebell season in Little Wix Wood. Water bowls provided in the courtyard and at reception. Poo bags available at reception and you will find dog poo bins in the car park and at reception.
- Painshill Park - dogs allowed in the parkland but not in the follies
- Birtley House - Sculpture garden - dogs allowed on lead
- Claremont Landscape Garden- dogs allowed on lead between November and March
- Dapdune Wharf - dogs allowed on lead
- Denbies Vineyard- dogs allowed but all mess must be removed as there are no dog bins. Dogs not allowed in the Centre.
- Guildford Castle Grounds - dogs allowed on lead but not in Castle itself.
- Polesden Lacey- dogs welcome on a lead in designated areas
- Winkworth Arboretum- dogs welcome on leads
- Rural Life Centre - dogs welcome on leads
- Surrey County Show - May Bank Holiday annually
- Wey and Arun Canal: They have a dog water bowl outside of the Canal Centre in Loxwood. Well behaved dogs are accepted on the weekend public trips at the skippers discretion.
- Weyfest - dogs welcome in camping area and the main arena on leads
Ideal places for Dog Walking
- Stoke Park - dog bins provided
Chantry Wood, Effingham Common, Lakeside Nature Reserve, Riverside Nature Reserve - See Guildford Borough Parks pages for more details
- Newlands Corner - take care as borders busy road.
- Leith Hill and Tower - dogs must be kept under control, especially in the Rhododendron Wood and on heath land and farmland from March to July.
- Explore our Countryside Pages for more ideas or download our brochure which has a list of public parks and countryside on Page 35 - 2018 Visit Guildford Destination Guide [21Mb]