Arts & Culture
Arts in Guildford is a vibrant mix of quality drama, performing arts, live music and visual arts. Let us guide you to the best galleries, theatres and music venues in town.
The choice of arts and culture in Guildford is rich and varied. The best way to find out what is on is to visit our events page but here are some ideas of what to look out for.
- Visit Guildford House Gallery, with its 17th century architecture and constantly changing programme of temporary exhibitions.
- Head just 7 miles south of Guildford and visit Watts Gallery - the Artists' Village for a unique insight into the life and work of George Frederick Watts and his wife Mary - don't forget to visit the famous Cemetery Chapel and the newly restored Artist's Studio
- Take a walk around Guildford with the Guildford Town Guides to take in the public art displayed.
- View the fascinating and highly characteristic work of Sidney Sime at The Sidney Sime Gallery.
Theatre, Music and Performance
- Guildford's Yvonne Arnaud Theatre
- G Live
- Holy Trinity Church
- Guildford Cathedral
- The Star Inn
- The Electric Theatre
- The Keep
- The Britannia
Guildford is also the home of the Guildford School of Acting, the Performance Preparation Academy, the Guildford Shakespeare Company and many quality drama groups. The highlight of summer in Guildford is live theatre in the Castle Grounds with a picnic or the Guildford Fringe Festival which takes place throughout July in venues across town.
See the latest Guildford Heritage Brochure [2Mb] for what's on at Guildford's Heritage sites.
Visit our Events pages for details of Arts and Culture events.
For details of getting here, public transport and parking go to our Plan Your Visit page
Guildford is the only town in Surrey to have the coveted Purple Flag Accreditation - so your evening out will be safe, welcoming and vibrant.