Cafes and Tearooms
Guildford has plenty of cafes and tearooms tucked away in it's alleys and corners. As well as the High Street favourites, there are a number of traditional, independent and quirky places.
A good starting point is the Gallery Cafe in our very own Guildford House, homemade food with an outdoor courtyard for the sunny days which is then transformed with a heated marquee for the cold ones.
Other local independents include:
1. Amor Amora, Upper High Street.
2. Ceylon House of Coffee, High Street.
3. Coffee Culture , Angel Gate.
4. Gallery Café, High Street - Located within Guildford House.
5. Krema, Tunsgate.
6. Riverbank Cafe Bar, Millbrook - Located within the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre.
7. Sis & Bros, White Lion Walk.
8. The Tea Terrace, House of Fraser.
9. Fresco Delikafessen, Friary Street.
10. Koja by Surrey Hills Coffee, Jefferies Passage.
New venues for you favourite hot cuppa are popping up all the time and you don't just have to stick to the town centre. Many of Surrey's charming villages and viewpoints have alternative options. For example the Plucky Pheasant by Newlands Corner and the Dabbling Duck in Shere.
Use the search facility above to find more places to enjoy a cuppa or get your caffeine fix.