Guildford and our surrounding area are perfect for family fun! Come rain or shine, we have some great family friendly places to visit.
- Guildford Castle - Discover the history of the Norman Keep. Explore the Castle Grounds and discover the statue of Alice through the Looking Glass.
- Stoke Park, Guildford - Enjoy 50 hectares of green space with mini golf, paddling pool, play area and model boating lake. Take your racket and book a tennis court.
- Guildford Lido - Make a splash on the water slides at our 1930s outdoor pool. (Re-opening 2021)
- Dapdune Wharf, Guildford - Experience the history of the River Wey Navigation and take a relaxing trip on the Electric Launch.
- Wildwood Adventure, Guildford - Zip through the trees in this thrilling adventure of rope bridges, climbing challenges and obstacles.
- Merrist Wood Animal Encounters, Worplesdon - Exciting events for children throughout the year including Junior Animal Keeper Days, Fleecy Frolics and Festive Fun Days. (Closed at present)
- National Trust Hatchlands Park, East Clandon - Explore the open fields, ancient woodland and wildflower meadows not forgetting to stop off at the Treehouse, natural play area and meet the donkeys. From outdoor theatre to visits to Santa, many family events take place throughout the year.
- RHS Gardens, Wisley - Meander your way through these beautiful gardens to the Back to Nature Garden, a place for family and friends to have fun while igniting a love for gardening.
- Watts Gallery - Artists' Village, Compton - Celebrate the art of GF Watts by exploring the Artists' Village with the interactive family trail. Join a craft or workshop. Build a camp or play on the swings in the Verey Playwood.
- Painshill, Cobham - Seek and explore the follies at this lovingly restored 18th Century landscape garden. Spot the wildlife on the family trail before running around the wildflower meadow and natural play zones at this adventure play farm.
- Bocketts Farm, Fetcham - Ride a tractor, cheer on the pig races, milk a goat and go wild in the play zones at this adventure play farm.
- National Trust Polesden Lacy, Great Bookham - Enjoy rolling down the South Lawn, the tree swings and natural play area in the gardens of this beautiful National Trust property.
- Winkworth Arboretum, Hascombe - Pack a picnic and enjoy a stunning nature walk through the woodland. Children's events available.
- GoApe Alice Holt, Farnham - Swing through the trees at the skyline adventure, hire a BBQ or follow the walking and cycling trails through the forest, stopping off at the wonderful woodland climbing frames. You may even see a Gruffalo!
- Birdworld, Farnham - Watch the penguin feeding or climb onboard the train. With over 2000 birds and other animals as well as play areas, there's an abundance to enjoy!
- Guildford Spectrum - Ice skating, bowling, leisure pool, lane swimming, diving pool and soft play - the Spectrum has it all!
- Guildford Cathedral - Pick up your binoculars in a Young Explorers Bag from the Guides Desk to follow the family trail and have a really good look at the Cathedral building and its features. Special events take place in school holidays.
- Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford - Catch a theatre performance for kids in the Mill Studio or main Auditorium. Workshops available in school holidays.
- GLive, Guildford - Enjoy a children's show at this modern entertainment venue. (Re-opening 1 February 2021)
- The Spike Heritage Centre, Guildford - Discover the life of the homeless poor in Victorian Britain on this enlightening tour of part of the Guildford Union Workhouse. Pre-booked tours only - email@example.com.
- Craggy Island Climbing Centre, Guildford - With over 300 routes to try, Craggy Island is one of the biggest climbing centres in the UK. Join a course and learn this exciting sport.
- National Trust Shalford Mill, Shalford - Join a tour of this 18th Century watermill with hands on activities, children's quiz sheet and I spy trail. (Closed at present)
- Brooklands Museum, Weybridge - Take to the wheel of an F1 car, step on board Concorde or walk in the footsteps of legends on the Banking Race Track.
Fun for Free...
- Guildford Museum - Discover Guildford through the ages from pre-history to the Victorians and Lewis Carroll.
- Guildford House - Dress for Mess and join one of the free regular art sessions or create a masterpiece from the Art Cart.
- Guildford Library - Aimed at 2 to 5 year olds, visit Guildford's Library for an enjoyable story time session.
- Stoke Park, Guildford - Grab a ball, pick up your skateboard, pack a picnic and head to the fun at the paddling pool or play area.
- Westnye Gardens Play Area, Guildford - Beautiful walled play garden for younger children in the town centre.
- Allen House Grounds, Guildford - Multi-sport games area with tennis courts and basketball hoops playable on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Wey and Arun Canal - Hunt Nature Park, Shalford - Wheelchair-accessible riverside path an viewing platform with cycle racks and picnic table.
- Chilworth Gunpowder Mill Walk, Chilworth - Follow the trail along the woodland stream to find the hidden ruins of this industrial history.
*You may need to book some of these attractions, so please check before you go.