Food and Drink Stops
Ideal food and drink stops for coach travel in Guildford and Surrey
Comfort breaks, coffee stops, lunch breaks and afternoon teas are essential to an enjoyable day out with a group. If you bring your group into Guildford Town Centre you will find lots of bars, restaurants, cafes and pubs, catering for almost every type of food and drink, where members of the group can find delicious lunches and refreshments.
If you would rather eat together as a group it is often advisable to book in advance - and the venue can even provide menu choices in advance so you can pre-select, and ensure a prompt service on arrival - giving you more time to enjoy the rest of the day.
The following venues welcome groups for food and drink, refreshments and comfort breaks:
Guildford Town Centre: - use town centre coach parking
- The Jetty Restaurant - ideal lunch stop - booking advised - Close to G Live drop off point
- The Harbour Cafe - famous for afternoon tea - booking advised - Close to G Live drop off point
- The Riverbank Cafe - close to one of the towns coach drop off points - ideal for morning coffee stop -
- The Riverview Restaurant - beautiful lunch stop by the river - close to Yvonne Arnaud drop off point
- The Keep Pub - private dining space for up to 20 - booking essential
- YMCA Cafe - close to Guildford Railways Station - ideal if travelling by train as a meeting point - excellent coffee!
- The Star Inn - booking advised
- The Britannia - booking advised
- The Gallery Cafe - booking essential
Outside the Town Centre
- Guildford Cathedral - coach parking on site
- Holiday Inn Guildford - coach parking on site
- Arbor Tea Rooms at Winkworth Arboretum- coach parking on site
- Cafe at RHS Wisley- coach parking on site
- Cromwell Coffee House- booking advised - drop off outside - car park close by
- Watts Gallery Tea Shop - famous for its cake and Welsh Rarebit! - Drop off and park at Loseley Park by arrangement