Homes & Gardens
In the countryside surrounding the town of Guildford you will find plenty of stately homes, historic houses and immaculate gardens to explore
Guildford and the surrounding county is dotted with historic houses, stately homes and immaculate and stunning gardens to explore. Here are some ideas
- Hatchlands Park (National Trust). Don't Miss: The Cobbe Collection of historic musical instruments; Marked walks to explore the woodland; bluebells in April/May; Wizard Wix's Willow Warren for children - Check our Events pages for events taking place at Hatchlands Park in the summer.
- Winkworth Arboretum stunning colours of rhododendrons and in Autumn, the colours will rival New England. Plenty of wildlife helping young and old learn more about nature.
- Painshill Landscape Garden near Cobham, home to wildlife, lake, trails and follies - Don't miss the Crystal Grotto
- National Trust's Polesden Lacey - where King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) spent their honeymoon. Cafe, Gift shop and extensive grounds for walking.
- RHS Wisley - the Royal Horticultural Society's flagship garden - great day out for all ages
For other ideas on places to visit, search our See and Do page