Homes & Gardens
In the countryside surrounding the town of Guildford you will find plenty of stately homes, historic houses and immaculate gardens to explore
- Hatchlands Park (National Trust). Don't Miss: The Cobbe Collection of historic musical instruments; Marked walks to explore the woodland; bluebells in April/May; Wizard Wix's Willow Warren for children - Check our Events pages for events taking place at Hatchlands Park in the summer.
- Winkworth Arboretum stunning colours of rhododendrons and in Autumn, the colours will rival New England. Plenty of wildlife helping young and old learn more about nature.
- Painshill Landscape Garden near Cobham, home to wildlife, lake, trails and follies - Don't miss the Crystal Grotto
- National Trust's Polesden Lacey - where King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) spent their honeymoon. Cafe, Gift shop and extensive grounds for walking.
- RHS Wisley - the Royal Horticultural Society's flagship garden - great day out for all ages
For other ideas on places to visit, search our See and Do page
Most of these venues have a programme of events too.
For travelling with a group - visit the Groups pages
For details of getting here, public transport and parking go to our Plan Your Visit page