Organising an Event
When it comes to arranging a successful event preparation is key. Here are some top tips to help you organize the perfect event.
5 Top Tips:
- Think about the objective of your event - What do you want to achieve? Who do you want to attract?
- Set an event budget - Are you hoping to make a profit or just cover costs? Is your event a free event?
- Decide on the date, time and venue - What tie of day should your event begin and end? What time of the years is best suited to your event? What do you require from the venue? (location, accessibility, capacity, presentation facilities, kitchen facilities, alcohol license etc) Download our venues guide for inspiration.
- Consider the content of your event - what is the duration of your event? Is the content relevant to your audience? Have you drafted an event schedule? Are you going to have guest speakers?
- Promote the event - What promotional options are there available to you? (social media, website, personal invites, printed material etc)
Use Guildford Tourist Information Box Office:
With no set up fees and only 10% commission charged per ticket sold, why not take advantage of our box office services?
- High Street marketing and publicity including 24/7 TV screen advertisement, poster and flyer display space with Guildford Tourist Information Centre
- Tickets sold by us in person, over the phone or online
- Regular detailed sales reports
- Online marketing and publicity via social media
- Inclusion in our monthly e-newsletter
For more information download our Ticket Agreement [71kb]