Plan Your Visit
Plan your visit to Guildford.
You can search for places to stay in Guildford.
See & Do
You can search for things to see and do in Guildford.
Maps to download and print
- Map of Surrey [1Mb]
- •Map of Guildford and surrounding area (including Hospital and University) [256kb]
- Map of Town Centre [9Mb]
Guildford is just 40 minutes from central London and very easy to reach whether you are travelling by car, train, airline, coach or bus. Use the links below to find out more before you travel.
If you are visiting Guildford from outside the UK - why not Buy Before You Fly at the Visit Britain World Shop
Tune in to BBC Surrey - Travel You Trust - for latest on roads and rail http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcsurrey
Guildford is perfectly located between Heathrow and Gatwick International Airports. Travel from London City Airport is also easy by train. Luton and Stansted airports - both located north of London are approximately 2 hours away.
To travel from Heathrow Airport to Guildford use RailAir coach direct
Flying to UK/Guildford from Canada - look at FlightNetwork
Flying to UK/Guildford from Australia - look at FlightNetwork Australia
Take a look at these useful links if travelling to Guildford from outside the South of England
- Red Planet Travel Line - live travel news, journey planning and train times.
- Omio - Rail coach and air information
From Ferry Ports
Use National Rail
- Use Traveline to find out routes, times and fares
- Surrey County Council website for bus companies in the area
- Or download the Arriva Bus App
Surrey has a comprehensive road network, which is busiest from 8am to 9.30am and from 4.30opm to 6.30pm. Leisure travellers should try to avoid these peak commuter times if possible. Local radio stations such as BBC Surrey (104.6 and 104fm) give regular travel updates. Websites which may be helpful are:
- Visit our Parking Pages
- Guildford Live Parking Map
- Download The Official Guildford App for access to Live Parking Data and travel information FREE at the iTunes App store and Google Play Store
Taxi ranks can be found outside all mainline stations.
- For maps including walking, cycling and public transport, including to and from town from the University of Surrey (ideal for students) contact the Tourist Information Centre
Guildford Tourist Information Centre has stock of maps of Guildford and the surrounding area, as well as bus and train timetables subject to availability. For additional help before journey, do call 01483 444333 or email us for help and advice.
order a brochureto be sent to you.