We are working with central government, community organisations and the emergency services via the Prevent Strategy to tackle terrorism and safeguard vulnerable residents from extremist groups. The Prevent Strategy covers all forms of extremism.
How can you help?
The advice from the National Police Chiefs' Council for anyone who has concerns about terrorism, or sees unusual or suspicious behaviour or activity, is to take action and report it.
You can do this by:
- contacting the police, in confidence, by calling 0800 789 321
- completing a secure report form on the Metropolitan Police website
- contacting your local police by calling 101
- reporting online graphic or extremist material or content that supports, directs or glorifies terrorism via the Metropolitan Police website.
- calling 999 if it's an emergency.