Toggle menu

Your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts will be offline

From 4pm on Friday 31 March until 5pm on Monday 3 April you will not be able to access your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts on MyGuildford. This is whilst we run our year end processes. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Withdrawal of cheques

We are not accepting cheques as payment for services delivered by the council.

self service background

You cannot use cheques to pay for the following:

  • Council tax
  • Business rates
  • Business Improvement District
  • Housing rents
  • Sundry debtors
  • Planning applications - You can pay planning applications online or phone us on 01483 444609 to pay by card

Why are we doing this?

This is part of an ongoing programme across all Council services to phase out cheque payments, this will save us over £23,000 a year.

Payment methods

There are several alternative easy and secure methods of payment that you can use.

Payment methods
 Council taxBusiness ratesBusiness Improvement DistrictHousing rents1Sundry debtors
Direct debitYesYesNoYesYes
Automated phone1YesYesYesYesYes
Online bankingYesYesYesYesYes
Standing orderYesYesYesYesYes
Phone 2 (assisted payment)NoNoNoYesYes
Post OfficeYesYesYesYesNo
PayZone 3NoNoNoYesNo
  1. Using your debit or credit card - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 03300 889584

  2. Using your debit or credit card - available Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm on 01483 505050

  3. To pay housing rent at a Post Office, residents will need a Rent Payment Card. This is available to existing card holders only, we are not able to issue new cards for this service.

Online payments

We accept all major Debit and Credit cards. Before making a payment to us you will need to register for 'Verified by Visa' or 'MasterCard SecureCode' via your card issuing bank.

You can pay for a number of Council services online and find out more information.

Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Team on 01483 505050 if you need assistance or complete our online support form.