Toggle menu

Technical issues when searching for a planning application

We're experiencing some technical issues with our planning application search. Some customers may not be able to search for planning applications during this time. We're working hard to fix this as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience.

Proof of residence and foreign pensions

Find out how to obtain proof of electoral registration or get your foreign pension signed.

Proof of registration

Contact the Electoral Services office to get a certificate of your electoral registration, free of charge.

It will be sent to your current registered address and is produced for the current year only. This service is only available to registered electors within the Guildford Borough Council area.  

If you have changed your name during the period for which you need a certificate of registration, we may ask for proof of your change of name (for example, a marriage or deed poll certificate).

If you have changed your address during the period for which you need a certificate of registration, you will need to let us know the previous addresses for which you require proof. Certificates may only be supplied for addresses within the Guildford area.

Pension signing

If you receive a pension from a foreign country, we can provide a stamp to confirm your life and residence in the UK.

Appointment only service

  • This service is free and by appointment only. This is so we can make sure a member of staff is available to sign or produce your documents.

  • During busy periods, appointments will be limited (depending on staff availability) but we will try to find a suitable time and date during our office hours.

  • If a different name appears on your pension form to that on the electoral register, you will need to bring proof of your change of name (for example, a marriage certificate).

  • If you are not a British, Irish, qualifying Commonwealth or European Union citizen, you will need to provide proof of address in the form of a bank statement or utility bill in addition to proof of ID. This is due to your name not appearing on the electoral register.

  • Everyone named on your form needs to be present at the appointment and bring photographic ID with them.

  • We are not able to advise you on how to complete your form. 

  • This service is only available to Guildford residents.

Proof of life letters

Appointment only service

We also provide proof of life letters if you are applying for a foreign pension.

  • This service is free of charge and by appointment only.
  • You will need to provide us with any additional documentary details that you require on the letter (for example, your passport details).
  • The letter will be produced using your registered name. If you require a different name on the letter to the one with which you are registered to vote, you will need to provide proof (for example, a marriage certificate) of your change of name.