Apply or amend a garden waste collection
Terms and conditions
- This application is valid from 28 March 2022 to 24 March 2023
- We do not collect garden waste during the two weeks over Christmas and the New Year.
- If you let your subscription expire or do not pay for the service, we will remove your bins(s).
- Refunds will not be issued if you cancel your subscription during the year.
- Your subscription(s) can be transferred if you move house within the borough.
- We strongly recommend that you label your bin(s) with your property number or name.
- Please put your bin(s) out at the property boundary or other point specified by the Council, by 6.30am on the day of collection.
- The bin lid must be closed for collection. Side waste will not be collected.
- We do not collect soil, as this service is for garden waste for composting only. Putting soil in the bin is likely to put the weight over the lifting limit of 50kg. We will leave any bin that weighs over 50kg.
- We are unable to accept any plastics in amongst your garden waste collection, including plastic sacks of any type.
- A contaminated container will not be emptied. You must remove the contamination and present the container for the next scheduled collection. We will not return if the container was contaminated. For information about what to put in the garden waste bin, see the details on this page.
- Please do not compact materials into the bin, as they will not tip out during the automated emptying process.
- If we miss your bin(s) on collection day, please let us know within two working days using our report a missed bin collection page or by phone on 01483 505050. We will not return if a missed collection is reported after this period.
- If you provide an email address for renewal reminders, it is your responsibility to check that you have given us the correct address and that you have received emails about your garden waste renewal service each year.
- This service is only available to domestic residents.
- Payment must be registered to an individual residential property. If you are applying on behalf of a communal residence (for example, several flats), please phone us first on 01483 505050.
- We reserve the right to refuse a service to any property for any reason. If we cancel a service we will provide a pro-rata refund of the remaining service subscription.