Search or comment on a planning application
What happens next?
How do we decide?
After the 21 day consultation period, a caseworker will visit the site. They consider all comments and other planning issues. Caseworkers decide based on:
- design issues
The caseworker cannot decide based on:
- private property matters
- any effect on the value of the property
- the loss of a view
- anything covered by other legislation
- the character or motives of an applicant
The caseworker will then recommend how we should answer an application. Sometimes we'll ask local councillors to consider the caseworker's recommendation. This would happen if:
- there are lots of objections
- the caseworker recommends we refuse to give planning permission
The council might disagree with the caseworker's recommendation. In this case, the Planning Committee discuss the application. The caseworker's report will be on the case file once we decide.