Your personal information rights
What are your rights?
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to find out what information Guildford Borough Council store about you. These include the right to:
- be informed how your data is being used
- access personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of your data
- data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For more information and guidance about your rights, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website
Read or full privacy and data protection policy (PDF) [181KB]