Toggle menu

Your personal information rights

Requesting CCTV images

The police operate the town centre CCTV system so if you would like to see recordings of your activities from this system you would need to contact Surrey Police directly.

However, Guildford Borough Council do operate some smaller CCTV systems for security in Council buildings. If you want to see CCTV images we may hold, we will ask you to provide some quite specific information, such as:

  • where the CCTV camera is (the address and position)
  • the date and time that the image was taken
  • a recent photograph to help us identify the relevant images
  • a description of the likely activities the CCTV took
  • whether you need a hard copy of the images or if a 'viewing' would be enough