Request a public litter bin
We will consider requests for extra litter bins.
There are a few reasons why we might decide not to install a litter bin:
- there is already a litter bin close by
- research shows that a litter bin is not needed
- the request is too close to private property
- the place where the litter bin is due to go is to close to underground services such as electric/gas lines
- if a pavement is too narrow for a litter bin to be placed
Requests can take a long time to complete as the council will research and inspect the site before a decision is made.