Toggle menu

Anti-social behaviour

What can I do if I am experiencing anti-social behaviour?

If you feel that you're the victim of anti-social behaviour, you should consider the following steps.

Be reasonable, ask yourself;

  • is the behaviour persistent and ongoing?
  • are my neighbours also bothered by it?
  • is it normal behaviour or reasonable living noise, like a baby crying, birthday party or children playing football?
  • am I being reasonable? People of different ages and different lifestyles might find that at times they are disturbed by other people in the community.

Gather evidence:

  • start to keep a log, or diary, of incidents. This information will be crucial if you decide to make a formal report.
  • keep written evidence of threats
  • gather petitions
  • accept offers of noise monitoring equipment from our Regulatory Services.

Take reasonable action

  • If appropriate, speak to whoever is causing the anti-social behaviour and ask them politely if they can stop.
  • Get involved in your local community. Initiatives like neighbourhood watch really make a difference to how safe a community feels.
  • Join your local residents' association to share concerns and coordinate action.

Contact support services 


Report the anti-social behaviour to the relevant agency as soon as possible. Reporting each incident provides vital information to the relevant agencies who can then respond or take action if necessary.