Toggle menu

Guildford resident parking permits

Apply for a new permit

To complete your permit application you must be able to show us your:

  • proof of residency showing your name and Guildford address
  • vehicle registration document (VC5) showing your name, Guildford address and document details

Proof of residency can be a:

  • utility bill
  • bank statement
  • tenancy agreement
  • council tax statement
  • mortgage statement

If your VC5 is not up to date or is not available immediately, you may send us the vehicle insurance certificate.

If you have not shown us your proof of residency or VC5 document, we may still accept your application. Instead of providing you with a full permit, we may provide you with a temporary 30-day permit. This will cover you until we receive all your documents.

For all zones except D

To complete an application form, click on the button below.

Apply for resident parking permit

Once we have checked your application, we will contact you to let you know the outcome and what to do next.

Zone D

We will need to assess your eligibility before you can apply for a permit. Complete the 'permit interest form' below to help us assess your eligibility.

Permit interest form

If you meet the criteria for a parking permit, we will send you an application form. If you do not meet the criteria we will let you know why.

You will need to send your application to us with your proof of residency and VC5 document.

You can send your documents by post or email to:

Customer Services, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, GU2 4BB


We do not accept responsibility for documents in transit.