Advice for disabled taxi passengers
Wheelchair accessible vehicles
Taxi drivers have a responsibility to:
- carry the passenger while in the wheelchair, and provide reasonable assistance to enable the passenger to get into or out of the vehicle
- carry the wheelchair if the passenger chooses to sit in a passenger seat and help to load the wheelchair into or out of the vehicle
- help to load the passenger's luggage into or out of the vehicle
- make sure that the passenger is carried in safety and reasonable comfort
- not charge extra for any of the above
It is a criminal offence if drivers do not carry out the above duties unless they have an exemption.
To make a complaint about a licensed vehicle, driver or operator, please use our online form.
Vehicles on our list must be capable of carrying some, but not all, types of occupied wheelchairs.
Our list contains the contact details of taxi's who have given their details to help customers make a booking for an accessible vehicle.
|Licence Number||Licence type||Name||Operator||Vehicle Make||Models||Contact details (if provided)|
|HCV009||Hackney Carriage||Mr Paul Pearson||LEVC||Tx Vista|
|HCV130||Hackney Carriage||Mr Stephen Pratt||Peugeot||E7|
|HCV149||Hackney Carriage||Mr Nasser Al-Salous||Peugeot||Partner|
|HCV169||Hackney Carriage||Mr Mohammad Khan||Fiat||TW200|
|HCV173||Hackney Carriage||Mr Zamir Hussain||Peugeot||Partner||Tel: 07882411332|
|HCV179||Hackney Carriage||Mr Michael Simmonds||Ford||Pro Cab||Tel: 07774138221 or 07733320801|
|HCV184||Hackney Carriage||Mr Mahmood Hussain||Peugeot||Partner|
|HCV187||Hackney Carriage||Mr Mohammed Afsar||Peugeot||Partner|
|HCV244||Hackney Carriage||Mr Shaukat Ali||Peugeot||Partner|
|HCV251||Hackney Carriage||Mr Mohammad Khan||Peugeot||Partner|
|PHV129||Private Hire Vehicle||Home 2 School Ltd||Ford||Transit|
|PHV317||Private Hire Vehicle||Home 2 School Ltd||Ford||Transit|
|PHV505||Private Hire Vehicle||Home 2 School Ltd||Peugeot||Partner|
|PHV647||Private Hire Vehicle||Home 2 School Ltd||Ford||Transit|